What is a standard pillow?
When it comes to bedding, there are a few common sizing terms. Mattress sizes, such as twin, full, queen, and king, are relative to the actual size of the bed. Sheets also come in sizes and are purchased according to the size of the bed the sheet is used for. So it's no surprise that bed pillows come in different sizes. The standard pillows refers to a specific size pillow, not a certain type of pillow.
What is the size of a standard pillow?
Adult standard pillow size fits double and full-size beds.
1. China: The standard size of bed pillows is generally about 45 × 70CM, the error does not exceed 5CM, and the long pillow is generally 45 × 120CM;
2. the United States: is generally divided into three types, namely standard pillows 51 cm × 66 cm, medium pillows 51 cm × 76 cm, large pillows 51 cm × 91 cm;
3. Europe: European bed pillows are mostly square, the general size is 66cm × 66cm, the Germans use 80cm × 80cm square pillows.
For bed pillows, "height" is a more important measure. Different sleeping positions have different height requirements for pillows:
1. Lying on your back: The height of the pillow is about 5 to 8 cm.
2. Side sleeping: The height of the pillow is about the thickness of one punch and one palm, about 7 to 12 centimeters for women and 11 to 14 centimeters for men.
3. Alternate between side sleeping and supine sleeping: the height of female pillows is about 8 to 10 cm, men can add about 2 cm to the height of female pillows, and the pillows of the elderly can be slightly higher, 9 to 15 cm is appropriate.
The material of the standard pillow?
As with any bed pillow, standard pillows can be artificial, natural, or high-density, slow-rebound memory foam. Pillows also come in different densities to provide varying degrees of support. For example, a hard material will provide the most support, while material like plush or soft indicates more resilience in the pillow. Choosing the right pillow is more difficult than choosing the right size because the size is already determined by your bed.
How often do standard pillows need to be replaced?
Many people often wonder how often they should change their bed pillows. Unless you're allergic to dust mites, you should replace it when you're uncomfortable sleeping on it or your memory foam pillow is worn. A pillow is considered old if you can fold it in half and fold it all the way, or if the pillow has a noticeable bump in the filling. Depending on how often you wash your pillow, the average standard pillow will last a year or two, while some will last between three and five years.